OmniHelp with Google Chrome

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Jan 12 09:06:00 PST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:21:06 -0500, "Martha Lee" <martha.lee at coventor.com> wrote:

>Our Mif2Go OmniHelp files fail to load in Google Chrome. I realize that we
>need an ohct_.css file for Google Chrome. Anyone know if that file is
>available? And would I need any other updated file to open OmniHelp in
>Chrome?

Currently, *no* form of WebHelp loads from a local
copy in Chrome, because of a restriction Chrome
(and only Chrome) imposes on JavaScript.  The CSS
has nothing to do with it.

However, OmniHelp *will* load when run from a
server, or the Web.  To see that, try:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/ohusergd/
which opens in a new window.  Chrome is very slow
if at all possible, or IE, Opera, Safari, or Linux
Konqueror.  All work with both local and network
copies, as do many more.