Flare vs Frame

Veronica Kutt veronica at front-runner.com
Wed Jan 12 11:10:19 PST 2011

Here are answers to the software purchasing questions... Front Runner is
also an Adobe Software Reseller...

To answer Jim Pinkham's question...
If your company purchased a Maintenance package with FrameMaker you would
get updates/upgrades as they become available, provided the Maintenance is
current.

To answer Steve Johnson's question...
If a customer wants to do backward licensing, they order the current version
volume license of the product and the old ESD (Electronic Software Download
- one version back). Then they call Adobe Customer Care at 800-443-8158 to
request a serial number that matches the ESD.  They will need to provide the
Adobe order number for the current version order. Also, if they purchased an
upgrade license (for example, CS3 to CS5), they will also need to provide
the serial number of the original product they are upgrading from. It takes
a few days to get the old serial number.

This is a much easier process for someone who already has some volume
licenses of the product they want to install and just needs to buy more of
them. They don’t need to buy the old ESD unless they don’t already have the
old media. And they don’t need to call for a serial number; they just use
the old serial number they already have to install on additional
workstations.

If anyone is looking to purchase software let us know at Front Runner. We
can provide you pricing for the software and when you purchase the software
from us you get discounts on the training!

Thanks

Sincerely,

Veronica Kütt
President
Front Runner Training, a Div. of Front Runner Publishing Solutions Inc.
416-515-0155
Call Toll free: 1-877-999-0155
veronica at front-runner.com