FW: Sudden Weird Appendix Numbering in Book - SOLVED

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jan 14 12:20:39 PST 2011

On 14/01/2011 2:36 PM, Alison Craig wrote:
> I created new para tags in App C that only look like they contain
> auto-numbering and everything now works as it should!
>
> Who knew such a small thing could wreak such havoc.

Alison,

You could still have real autonumbering -- just put a unique series
label in front of the autonumber string in the para. designer.  A series
label is any single printable character (case sensitive) followed by a
colon.  FM treats each numbering series independently, so a labelled
series that appears only in App C could not have any effect anywhere
else.  See the Help topic on autonumbering for examples.

Best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator