FrameMaker 8 in Windows 7

Bernard Aschwanden (Publishing Smarter) bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Fri Jan 28 05:06:56 PST 2011

To add to this, I run 8, 9, and 10 on a single machine. The only tough thing for me is double clicking a newer file if my default is
set to open with an older version. However, Win7 does a nice job of letting me quickly choose my default application.

For anyone working with v10 of FrameMaker, check your configuration as dialogs can be turned off. That is, if you open an older file
you may no longer get a message that it was created in FMv9, 8, 7 or whatever. So now you open, edit, save. The file is v10 and can
only be opened in it. You can still opt to File > Save As and choose FM9 though.

Hope that helps.

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Publishing Smarter