Numbering question

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Fri Jan 28 07:35:32 PST 2011

All,

I have an unstructured Frame book created in FM 9.0 (all patched and
current) that contains the following layout:

.         Front Cover

.         Front Matter

.         Generated TOC

.         40 individual files,

The structure of these individual files is this:

.         Section 1 Splash page (Chapter Number set to 1, but it is not
displayed.)

.         Multiple chapter files (each chapter numbered sequentially 1
through . . . , with first chapter in  book set to have the same chapter
number as the preceding Section splash page and all other chapter numbers
set to auto-increment)

.         Section 2 Splash page (Chapter Number set to 1, but it is not
displayed.)

.         Multiple chapter files (each chapter numbered sequentially 1
through . . . , with first chapter in  book set to have the same chapter
number as the preceding Section splash page and all other chapter numbers
set to auto-increment)

.         Section 3 Splash page (Chapter Number set to 1, but it is not
displayed.)

.         Multiple chapter files (each chapter numbered sequentially 1
through . . . , with first chapter in  book set to have the same chapter
number as the preceding Section splash page and all other chapter numbers
set to auto-increment)

.         Section 4 Splash page (Chapter Number set to 1, but it is not
displayed.)

.         Multiple chapter files (each chapter numbered sequentially 1
through . . . , with first chapter in  book set to have the same chapter
number as the preceding Section splash page and all other chapter numbers
set to auto-increment)

.

As you can see, a  Section (e.g. Section 1) is its own physical file in a
book versus being in a chapter that contains multiple sections. I want to
set up Section Numbering so that each section page is automatically numbered
correctly. What I am trying to do is set up set up section numbering for a
section, for example, Section 1, and then set the section numbering for all
the chapters in the section to use the same number as previous section. The
for Section 2, set the Section Numbering to be continued from the previous
section in the book, set the section numbering for all chapters in the
section to use the same number as previous section, and so on; however, the
Section Numbering options for any file that I select is not available - all
options are totally grayed out and I am stumped. Why isn't section numbering
an option for me and how can I get these section pages to auto-increment as
a result?

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening