Question about some FM plugins

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Jan 31 16:17:30 PST 2011

All,

I have also sent a message directly to Steve at Silicon Prairie, but I am
hoping that I can also get an answer from this list. I must set up a
client's environment with FM9.0 on a Win7 64-bit machine. The client wants
their FM installation to have all the "bells and whistles" that mine has.
This means that I must install the following Silicon Prairie plugins -
AutoText, Master Page Tools, Paragraph Tools, Character Tools, and Table
Tools. I am set up as an Administrator on the client's laptop on which I am
setting up this environment. I have downloaded and installed these plugins
many times before w/out issue, but for the life of me, this time, I having
some difficulty.

For example, I downloaded the Master Pages Tools for FM9.x and I placed the
MPTools.dll in the plugins directory for FM and the MasterPage.fm document
in the fminit directory for FM9 as you are supposed to do. I did not have FM
open at the time, but when I opened FM, I did not see the Tools menu option
in the FM main menu as expected. I closed FM and reopened and still no luck.
So, I opened the MasterPage.fm document and made an entry and when I tried
to save the file, I got the message that the file could not be locked
because I did not have Write permission, but I am set up as an
Administrator. I closed FM and opened it by right-clicking on the desktop
icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" and after FM opened, I opened the
MasterPage.fm file, made an entry in the file and was able to save it. OK,
good, but the Tools menu option still is not displayed on the FM main menu.
I am expecting to see File Edit Format View Special Graphics Table Adobe
RoboHelp AutoText Tools Webworks Window Help and instead, I am seeing File
Edit Format View Special Graphics Table Adobe RoboHelp Webworks Window Help.
I don't have the options for Auto Text and Tools and I have properly placed
the dlls for the tools as well as the corresponding .fm files. I have
confirmed that under View > Menus that Complete is selected.

Has anyone run into this issue before and if so, how did you resolve it?

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal