FM 10 structapps file in user folder not synchronized?

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Fri Jul 1 05:40:13 PDT 2011

Hello Framers,

Just to check whether it's my set up , a bug or a 'by design' confusion:

In previous FM versions, the menu option 'edit application definitions'
opened the structapps file located in the user folder. Modifications made
were saved and the next time FM started they were read in accordingly. The
default structapps file (in the installation/structured folder) remained
untouched. So far so good.

Now in FM 10, the menu option 'edit application definitions' also opens the
structapps file in the user folder, modifications are saved but on restart
FM doesn't read in those modifications. It just reads the default structapps
file.

The extra menu option in FM10 (Structured Application Designer) opens the
default structapps file (the one in the installation/structure folder) but
saves it in the user folder - and modifications made or new applications are
NOT read in on startup.

Anyone encountered the same behavior - or is it just me?

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant, Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in
FrameMaker

 <http://www.nldita2011.com/> NLDITA 2011 - june 1 2011 in Utrecht - DITA
and topic based information development

 <http://www.ditatools.com/> NLDITA Tools 2011 - April 1 2011 in Utrecht -
Tools and best practices for Authoring, Managing and Publishing

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
 <mailto:info at idtp.eu> info at idtp.eu