Custom Table Footnote options

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Mon Jul 4 04:29:46 PDT 2011

Hi All,
Ok, so we've established that the Unicode for, say, a black spade, is 2660, according to all sources so far.
In the Table Footnote Custom dialog box, when I enter
2660
, it thinks they are just numbers. The first footnote gets a 2, the second a 6, etc.

When I enter:
\x2660
 in the dialog box, FM returns
&60
And the same thing happens, the first footnote gets a &, the next a 6, etc.

If I look on the BabelMap thing - the box holding the 2660 character just shows an empty box, while its label is "U+2660 BLACK SPADE SUIT"

Can someone explain what is going on here and why I don't/can/'t see the black spade on my computer.

Thanks,
Orly.