Frame -- Mif2Go -- HTML Help Workshop Problem

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Jul 5 14:59:46 PDT 2011

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:02:20 -0500 (CDT), Nancy Allison <maker at verizon.net> wrote:

>I am using FrameMaker 10 on a Windows 7 system with HTML Help Workshop 1.3
>
>I have successfully used these identical tools in the identical versions to produce exactly the same kind of online help in the past, but today I am having a maddening problem: in the .chm file, the Table of Contents includes only one chapter file out of all the chapters in my original book file. (It is the ninth out of ten files in my .book file!)
>
>All of the other .fm files clearly have successfully been converted by Mif2Go and are sitting in the same directory as the one file that the Workshop seems to recognize.
>
>How do I get the rest of my files into the TOC of the .chm? I followed the somewhat sketchy instructions in the online Help system of the HTML Help Workshop -- the only result was that the next time I generated it, NOTHING appeared in the .chm at all.
>
>I do hope that someone somewhere is still working with these tools and has an idea what's going on.

That should all work fine.  Sounds like you did something
to the .hhp that makes it not find all the files it should.
Try deleting it and have Mif2Go recreate it for you, by
rerunning the book.

As a diagnostic, you should see a .bhc file for each chapter
file, and all the chapter file names should be in the .lst
file.  Make sure you have [MSHtmlHelpOptions]RefFileType=Body
not Full; see User's Guide par. 8.8.1, "Choosing how to generate
HTML Help contents and index".  Missetting that would make a .hhc
that has only the contents of the last file run.

HTH!