Keeping document window fit to page

wwself at znet.com wwself at znet.com
Wed Jul 6 11:44:21 PDT 2011

When I open a file in FM 9, the document window is always very wide and
sometimes shows two pages. The second page is hidden beneath the pods in my
workspace and can't be seen. I set Fit Window to Page in the zoom menu. In
the View->Options menu, I set Page Scrolling to Vertical. This solves the
problem for the current file. Yet Page Scrolling reverts to a default value
of Variable when I open another file, and I have to repeat these settings
for the next file to get the document window to behave. Is there a way to
make these settings "sticky" and my default settings, such as through an
option in the maker.ini file? The ritual is getting tiresome and is not a
good use of my time.

Susan