How to delete a blank page

Johan Anglemark johan.anglemark at iar.com
Mon Jul 11 23:09:37 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-12 05:47, Combs, Richard wrote:
> Brian Chan wrote:
>
>> I use Format>  Page Layout>  Pagination and set the Before Saving&
>> Printing drop-down to delete an empty page in the Title page of a book.
>> But when I regenerate the book, the blank page comes back. What is the
>> proper way to delete a blank page?
>
> To elaborate a little on what Nadine said: A double-sided book necessarily (at least in the left-to-right languages) starts on a right-hand page because it's intended to have the binding on the left. So your title page is a right-hand page.
>
> In your book window, select the file _after_ the title page file and go to Format>  Page Layout>  Pagination. If its 1st Page Side is set to Right, well ... a right-hand page can't follow a right-hand page because every page in a double-sided book has a back -- the left-hand page.
>
> So FM adds that required left-hand page to your title page file as page 2. And the file after it starts on page 3. You can set the file after's 1st Page Side to Next Available, if you want, and FM will discard the 2nd page of the title file and start the file after on page 2 (a left-hand page).
>
> BTW, don't use the Read from File setting for files included in a book. It's better and less error-prone to set the pagination for all files in the book explicitly in the book window.

One more thing:

Right-click the file in the book window and choose Pagination. If the
page that you can't delete is an empty last page of the document with an
even page number, make sure that "Before Saving & Printing" is set to
"Delete Empty Pages".

-j
--
Johan Anglemark, Technical Communicator & Localization Manager.
IAR Systems AB