FrameMaker 10 Interface/Accessibility questions

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Wed Jul 13 10:23:21 PDT 2011

On 13 Jul 2011 at 8:10, Yves Barbion wrote:

> C'mon now, Adobe, I'm wondering what the use of this "Go to Insertion
> Point "button is. Just press your left or right arrow key and hold
> down the SHIFT key while you're doing this, and you'll see your
> insertion point very clearly.

Friends, the pont is: can I instantly spot the cursor location on a large screen to assure
that my paste operation hits the right target? visual feedback is the basic requirement in
a user interface (and not the design satisying only black-clothed people).

Nowadays so much more mousing is required than in the good old FM < 9 days, because many
Windows features (e.g. title area of app window) are just ignored by the new interface.
Focus is lost every now and then (e.g. after zooming), need to click into the doc
window... Some very basic things hamper the otherwise not so bad new interface.

Let's stop the rant now - it does not solve a single issue.