Anyone else looking at Frame >> WordPress (as a CMS)

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Jul 14 17:13:36 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:57:51 -0400, "John Sgammato"
<jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com> wrote:

>That sort of tool would be pretty exciting for me,
>but I would need a Drupal version, not a WordPress
>version.
>
>Of course, if ... Mif2Go could save my 300pp FM10 book
>as 300 individual HTML procedures

Sure, no problem.  In about ten seconds. <g>

>and somehow push them into a MySQL database, then I
>would have my grail - all my official released procedures
>could get pumped into a Drupal-powered knowledgebase owned
>by our Support team!

Easy one.  There's a Drupal module that does what
you want:
  http://drupal.org/project/import_html

In fact, if you go to drupal.org and search for
"import HTML files", you get 279986 hits.  The
module above is just the first one.  If you set
the filter to "Modules", you have only 2581 to
look through...  <vbg>

For DITA folks, Dick Johnson has published his
infocenter on Drupal at:
  http://www.ditainfo.info
And Don Day Himself is working on "DITA for Drupal":
  http://pronovix.com/documentation-dita-open-source-cms-drupal-presentation-cmsdita-n-america-baltimore

Of course, if you use DITA source, DITA2Go does the
same fast, thorough job that Mif2Go does... and it
is free, available at:
  http://dita2go.com
which is itself a Drupal site.  ;-)

Enjoy!