Cross-references and formats

Lynn Gold lgold at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 14 11:10:06 PDT 2011

Yes, my final delivery format is PDF.  If there are any tricks in Acrobat
or in the conversion process for putting a blue box around a cross
reference, that'd work.

Thanks,

--Lynn Gold
Information Developer, IBM

From:   "Rick Quatro" <rick at rickquatro.com>
To:     Lynn Gold/Santa Clara/Contr/IBM at IBMUS,
<framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Date:   07/14/2011 04:31 AM
Subject:        RE: Cross-references and formats

Hi Lynn,

FrameMaker 10 allows you to put a background color behind text. All
versions allow you to apply an overline and underline to text (or a
cross-reference). There is no way to do a box with stock FrameMaker. If
your deliverable is PDF, you could convert the cross-reference links to
box-style links in Acrobat, although I am not sure it can be done
globally. TimeSavers (www.microtype.com) may provide a way to do this
automatically when the PDF is created.

This could be done with FrameScript, so if you are interested in this
approach, please contact me offlist. Thanks.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267