PowerPoint to Frame

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 20:42:00 PDT 2011

I agree with David about save-as-html – that’s the route I’ve taken many times in similar situations, and it has proven a pretty efficient way to extract the graphics into something FM can use as a referenced graphic.

However, I’d like to add a bit about the graphics… Due to the way that Microsoft Office products handle graphics, it is best to attempt to get the graphics back to their original resolution before doing the save-as-html. To do this, you can use the Find feature in PPT (or Word when you have a DOC file), searching for any graphic. When Find locates a graphic, from the picture tool bar, choose the Reset Graphic button (looks like a curved                                                                                                                                               arrow pointing at a picture), and then click the graphic. If the graphic was larger or higher resolution than what is presently displayed in the PPT/DOC file, it will enlarge to its original state at import. This will look messy, but just bear with the process. When you finish finding and resetting all the graphics, THEN do the save-as-html trick. The resulting graphics file will populate with a bunch of image* files.

One final alternative in this procedure: If you don’t want to go with another product, you can then open the HTML file you just created in Word, select all, copy, and then in FM paste as plain text into a body-style paragraph. Apply your headings as needed, insert the image* files, and Bob’s your uncle!

BTW: the ImpGraph plug-in is a great way to preconfigure your graphics import settings in FM.  ;-)

HTH

Rene