Cross reference issues

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Tue Jun 14 10:45:45 PDT 2011

Hello Framers,

I recently produced a manual for a multi-day conference (i.e. book). All
the sessions were located in sessions.fm. The format for the sessions was:

ID: 202
Analysis of Existing ABL Code (title)
Time:	 Sunday, June 5, 1:30 p.m.
Location:	Salem
Presenter:	Name, Title, Company, USA
Propellers:	2
Audience:	Developers and architects working with or designing program
modifications in ABL

In several places, I created files with cross reference links to
sessions.fm (agenda, mini-agenda, sessions by keyword, etc.) Thanks to
this list, I was able to produce a cross reference which was: "title
(ID: xxx) on page 57."

In retrospect, it would have been much better if I could have included
the speaker’s full name on the cross reference list, e.g. "title (ID:
xxx) by Dr. John Smith on page 57."

However, I see these problems:
* the speaker (presenter) is several lines away from the title
* every line starts with a "title" of what’s in the line
* the speaker (presenter) line has many other components in the line,
other than the speaker’s name.
* sometimes there were multiple presenters for one session

Could I put all the data in a separate table and make EVERYTHING a
cross-reference?

How would you recommend this be accomplished?

Thanks for your help,
Theresa