Hiding deletions in with Track Text Edits

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Jun 15 06:44:42 PDT 2011

Hi Keith,

FrameMaker uses conditions with the Track Text Edits feature; however, while
you can access the properties of these conditions, it doesn't look like you
can change them. For example,

Set oDoc = ActiveDoc;
Get Object Type(CondFmt) Name('FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED')
  DocObject(oDoc) NewVar(oCondFmt);
Display oCondFmt.Properties;
Set oCondFmt.CondFmtIsShown = 0;

will display the properties of the FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED but will not
hide it. I haven't tried it with ExtendScript, but I am sure it is the same.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

Subject: Hiding deletions in with Track Text Edits

I'm starting to use the Track Text Edits feature in FrameMaker 10.

It's nice to have, but there's one thing that I find annoying. In Word, I
have my revision tracking set to use hidden text for deletions. I've deleted
the text from the document - I really don't want to see it anymore.

Framemaker shows me deleted text as strikethrough with colour of my choice
(red). However, I can't hide it.

I know that FrameMaker uses conditions to show or hide the display of text
flagged with the Track Text Edits feature. Is there any way that I can set
things up so that the text marked with the deleted conditional is hidden?
If there is, I can't see it. Or do I need an  add-in or a
FrameScript/ExtendScript?

Regards
Keith
--