Updating Existing Table Formats

jdeland1 at comcast.net jdeland1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 18:46:33 PDT 2011

Frame 10.0.1.402 on XP Pro SP3

I'm creating a new template with sideheads and table definitions that begin at the left margin, i.e., at the left side of the sidehead. That's what I want; works fine in the template, and also after I import the new table design (Format C) into the files that I want to update, i.e., when I use Insert Table, Format C begins at the left margin and spans the sidehead so it runs all the way from the left margin to the right margin. But the existing Format C tables are not affected by the new definition - they begin at the left side of the body text (the sidehead is used for section numbers). I would expect that they would resize.

How can I update the existing tables to use my new Format C? When I select one, it shows up in the Table Designer as "Format C", but that's the old version. What I want is just like "Format: Across All Columns and Side Heads", but for a table. I'm (reasonably) sure that this must be fairly easy to do.

Jack