nested alpha lists and bulleted lists within numbered lists

Joe Hughes joehugh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:22:49 PDT 2011

I have encountered a numbering issue when I include a nested alphabetical
list within a numbered list. To the best of my knowledge, I am using the
correct numbering and list tags:

Heading 4
<n=1>.\t  (Numbered1)
<n+>.\t    (Numbered)
<a=1>.\t  (Numbered2)
<a+>.\t    (Numbered3)
•\t            (Bullet3)
•\t
•\t
<n+>.\t    (Numbered)

Output is as follows:

*B. Offsetting Credit Found in _________ .*

            1.     Send out a cashier’s check. Make sure the case (credit
case) is still open before creating an Official Check.

2.       Inside the case notes type the following:

       a.        Ready to cut check C/W (case number is needed).

       b.       Check to see if we have a relationship the bank.

         –         If there’s a relationship, waive the fees.

         –         If not a relationship, contact the bank and informed the
bank of the research fees.

         –         The fees can be deducted from the cashier check or the
funds can be sent  for the research.

       c.        Click *______*.

4.       Go into the ______ program and enter notes.

This is an unstructured document. As you can see, Frame is reading the alpha
list, or possibly item c., as a 3. in the numbered list, so it skips from 2.
to 4. I've spent about an hour researching this and can't seem to find
anything. Lacking an alternative, I've changed the alpha list to bullets and
moved on. This corrects the problem and the final numbered item is 3., which
is correct. However, there may be situations in the future in which I may
need to use the Numbered - Alpha - Bullet - Numbered format.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph Hughes