Adding 11x17 Master Page into a file in a book

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Jun 23 11:43:37 PDT 2011

This is a question for a fellow tech writer who can be reached at "karlmeinert at hotmail dot com" if you want to talk to him directly.

He is running Windows 7 with FM9 p230 (but will be updating his patches shortly).

Karl says;

"Basically I want to have a graphic spanning a 2-page spread (left page - right page) within a chapter. When I tried making a master page 11x17, it applied to all master pages. Same when trying to edit a single body page.

I'm not sure how relevant this is but I had to reinstall FM and disable the "PDF creation" install option because it would not work with this system. "

His first e-mail to me also said:

"I'm thinking of adding an 11x17 page in my book to display a screenshot with many callouts, but i can't figure out how to apply this page formatting to only one "page". The intent would be to have the page span page 2 and 3 of the chapter. Master pages doesn't like the idea much."

If anyone has any suggestions for him (I am anything but a Master Pages expert), he would appreciate the help.

Alison

Alison Craig

Lead Technical Writer

604-279-8550 x127 | fax 604-279-8559