FW: Scientific names in roman not italics in running headers

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 14:31:09 PDT 2011

Create, if you don't have one, a Character format for the italics. Insert the char format in the H/F variable where you want the italics to appear. Add the Default font object at point where you go back to normal font characteristics.

For example:

Field Screening Aid for
<Emphasis>Bug One<Default ¶ Font>

<Emphasis> calls the character tag that applies italics at that point. <Default Font> returns the string to the original font.

If the Chapter Title and Bug One are separate Unstructured variables, insert the variables instead of text, e.g.,
<$paratext[Chapter Title]> <Emphasis><$paratext[Bug One]><Default Font>

If Structured, replace the '$paratext' with '$element text' and the appropriate element name.