Bad URL, Bad, Bad, Bad URL!

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:19:06 PDT 2011

Hi Framers,

Despite my best efforts, URL links keep getting messed up on export
from Frame to HTML. I have a character format for URLs, and dutifully
apply it to the appropriate text. Yet when I attempt to use these
same files again (say for the next year's edition), a huge number of
the URLs show up as unlinked. Often some text in front of the URL or
following it is linked instead. I know the character format is
applied because it is NOT the entire paragraph that gets linked. But
somehow the URL character format tags are moving. Sometimes others
have worked on these files, and sometimes not. Many of these examples
occur on text that I know I've corrected and has not--or at least
should not have--been touched since. It doesn't happen to all URLs,
just some.

Fixing them over and over again takes way too long. What can I do to
stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Karen

P.S. No URLs were harmed in the writing of this message. ;-)