Frame crashes when print to .ps

LG Lists lists at techcomplus.com
Wed Jun 29 13:37:05 PDT 2011

FM 8 (as part of TCS 2), no updates available
Win XP

I have two books that share all the same chapter files that have lots of
conditions. I inherited all of the content, but created the separate books
to handle different covers (was too hard to use conditions; long story).

The last 3 times I've tried generate PDFs, I've had the same problem. After
I set the conditions as I want for the book and print to .ps (yes, I always
use the old-fashioned print to .ps, then distill process), FM crashes.

The only thing that I've found that works to get the crashing to stop feels
like I have to "train" FM that it's OK to print these files to .ps. I open
each file in the book individually and print to .ps. After I do that for
each file (with no problems at any time doing so), both books will print
just fine.

I did this just yesterday, made a few minor changes today, and got the
crashing again.

Other things I've also tried, but did not work:

*	Rebooting my computer

*	Washing all files in the book with MIF

*	Removing missing graphics (were lots of those hidden in conditions
I'm not currently using)

This is just maddening, as I keep having to work in these books and create
PDFs. Any ideas out there for a final solution?

Thanks!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
STC Fellow
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com <http://www.techcomplus.com/>
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
Tutorials, "show me" demos, user guides, help, FrameMaker and WebWorks
ePublisher templates
RMIMA Secretary
www.RMIMA.org <http://www.rmima.org/>