MIFs, Frame 7 and Frame 9

Dr Rick Smith rick at cryptosmith.com
Tue Mar 1 07:57:05 PST 2011

Here's an example:

I did both the writing and compositing on my previous book, published with a different publisher. My current publisher insists on using their own compositor. The one they hired uses Frame 7. So I've taken my Frame 9 files, saved them all as Frame 7 MIFs, including the book file, and submitted them to the publisher. I also took the MIFs and re-imported them to ensure that I still have the same content.

Till I watched discussions here, I hadn't realized how many folks still stand by Frame 7.

For all I know, the compositor is on this discussion list.

Rick.