FM-MIF conversion (Was: RE: framers Digest, Vol 64, Issue 24)

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Mar 1 12:56:38 PST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:17:26 -0800, "Syed Zaeem Hosain
(Syed.Hosain at aeris.net)" <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net> wrote:

>Hmmm ... does the demo version of MIF2GO not jabberwocky
>the text a bit? :)

Not for MIF wash, or export graphics, or saving as
MIF for a full book (without breaking the links)...
only for HTML, XML, and RTF outputs.

>Or is "MIF washing" considered a freebie that you are
>willing to let people do indefinitely? Thanks much, if so!

You're welcome!  ;-)

>(ala the FrameMaker LITE discussion), have you ever considered
>a low-cost (or freebie - I hope) LITE version for those of us
>who do not need the full power of MIF2GO and cannot get the
>justification for buying that?

No.  I don't like "crippleware", where features are
removed to maintain sales value in the more complete
product.  The Jabberwocky is as close as we'll come
to that.

Basically, we *already* give Mif2Go away to anyone who
cannot afford it for a good reason, like unemployment.
We see no reason to subsidize greedy corporations where
the savings go into the pocket of an overpaid CEO, and
do absolutely nothing to help the employees.

Used to be, we gave away one copy for every two or three
we sold.  Last few years, it's ten free for every one sold.
Lots of pain out there these days, and that's where we
choose to put our support.