Version and Build Questions

Chantel Brathwaite brathwaitec at castupgrade.com
Thu Mar 10 13:49:30 PST 2011

Richard, Fred, and Roger,

Thank you for responding to my question!

You've already confirmed my decision to use CVS for version control.  In
terms of conditional text - since there isn't that much of an overlap of
the conditional text in my documents and it looks like all I need to
worry about is cognitive load, I'm going to continue to use five
conditions in documents.  I'm definitely going to develop multiple book
files and rename my appendices however.  I'm also using imported text
that has some conditional formatting as well (I was surprised that this
actually works, but it does!) so by the time I've finished restructuring
these documents, the documentation should be much easier to maintain.
So, the only challenge will be me documenting the restructuring process;
I'm the only writer, so I need to maintain good notes for the future.

Thanks again for providing your advice and sharing your experiences with
this - it has been incredibly helpful!

Chantel Brathwaite
Technical Writer
Cole Engineering Services Inc.