Is there a way to move graphic frames & images in micro movements?

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Fri Mar 11 08:19:35 PST 2011

Do I remember correctly that this feature used to be left-Alt only?
There was a reason not to use the right-Alt key, something related to
using languages other than English, but I don't remember what it was. I
wonder if that reason is no longer an issue, or if the right-Alt key
ability to nudge objects is a bug?

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Shlomo Perets
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:16 AM
To: Theresa de Valence
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Is there a way to move graphic frames & images in micro
movements?

Add [Shift] for larger movements (thanks, Fred!)

You wrote:

>... Are there keys in Frame which I can use to move the object in
>miniscule amounts (I only know about control + mouse).

[Alt]-arrow key to move an object (or kern text) by 1 pt (at 100% zoom)

[Alt]-*[Shift]*-arrow key to move an object (or kern text) by 6 pt (at
100%
zoom)

Motion is relative to the zoom level. [Alt]-arrow at 200% will move
objects by 0.5 pt, [Alt]-arrow at 50% will move objects by 2 pts.

[Alt]-[Home] to reset manual kerning of selected text

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants

Free webinar March 14 (10am PDT), Walkthrough: From static PDF to rich
interactive PDF