Image rendering onscreen

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Sat Mar 12 07:11:54 PST 2011

 > Is there a way that I can reduce the render time for my graphics?

Another thing that affects rendering speed is if you have the Insets pod
open in your workspace when you open the document. If open, FM (9 and
presumably 10) loads all the graphics when the file is opened-- so that
it can populate that pod. (I think I remember the explanation Adobe gave
me.) But then you can scroll quickly through the document without pauses
to load each graphic. If the Insets pod is closed when the document is
opened, FM loads each graphic only when you scroll through the document
and encounter them. So one setting gives fast scrolling. The other gives
fast opening of files.

Anyway, it does sound like FM is misbehaving for you, but perhaps
changing the Insets pod situation will be a workaround for you.