I suspect the answer is 'no', but...

Tori Muir tmuir at spot-on-creative.com
Mon Mar 14 16:21:19 PDT 2011

Client has a product whose name includes a superscript (pause for
2-minute hate session -- why do clients think it's so clever to do that?
Creates baskets of hassle!) When we create cross-references to text
which includes that product name, it's not superscripted in the
cross-ref text.

I don't suppose there's any way to get it to be superscripted in the
cross-ref text?

If (as I suspect) there is no way to do so, the only thing I can think
of doing is as a very last step before PDF, create a 'disposable' copy
of the book, run thru it for all cross-refs containing that product name
and convert them to text. Then generate PDF and manually add links to
those cross-refs in the PDF. Is there a better way?

--
Tori Muir
tmuir at spot-on-creative.com • 650.430.8674