Splitting tables across a page break: FM 8

Helen Borrie helebor at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 17 00:16:31 PDT 2011

At 09:39 AM 17/03/2011, Jerilynne \"MamaRed\" Knight wrote:
>Hey there Helen
>
>Did you want the specific ROW to indicate continued or the table itself? If the table itself, this approach will work. You insert the variable on the title row on the first page.

That is what I wanted but it seems there's not a way to do it.  My table template doesn't have a "title row".  It has a table caption and then goes right into the table, 2 cols with a column heading for each.  It is breaking correctly, insofar as it observes the 2-orphan rule and also dups the headings on the second sheet.  Just doesn't seem to be a way to put a conditional "extraneous" row there.

>If you want something right after the row, I don't know of an automated way...just the brute force way.

I want to avoid brute force, as I have a number of very long tables of the glossary form, i.e., enumerations of class members, just an identifier and a description and I want them to be consistent.

Thanks!
Helen