Looking to get productive quickly

Fri Mar 18 09:44:22 PDT 2011

You need ToolbarPlus Express. Go here: http://www.microtype.com/resources.html

> Yesterday I tried looking thru my maker.ini to see about re-ordering the
> default priority of Paste Special (currently: RTF, Text, Unicode Text). My
> thinking was that if I could set Text as the default option, then if I had
> a keyboard shortcut for Paste Special, I would get a plain text paste when
> I hit the shortcut followed by Enter. However, I didn't see what I was
> looking for (hard to recall just WHAT I was looking for, it's been about 6
> years since the last time I did this). Any insights would be great. I'd
> love to start smoking thru this task.

The maker.ini entry you're looking for is ClipboardFormatsPriorities, and it doesn't change the priority of Paste Special, but Paste. (Paste Special doesn't have a priority. You choose from several options; that's what makes it special.) Here's the entry from my maker.ini:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=TEXT, MIF, RTF, FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB, BMP

With TEXT as the first entry, the standard Paste command (Ctrl+v) will paste plain text, assuming the clipboard contains text from an external application (this setting doesn't affect copy/paste from one FM document/location to another).

HTH, and welcome back!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.