DPI Recommendation for Images

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 12:04:22 PDT 2011

My immediate reaction was, read the archives. This topic has been
rehashed many, many times in the past years.

However, upon reflection the proposals beg a question (from me
anyway). Why do you think you ought to be able to dictate what level
of zoom the reader will be using in whatever pdf reading software they
are using? The considerations posed by Shane a pertinent and are
strengthened with the concept of the pdf being a multi-platform/device
file format.

There is no value that I see in trying to dictate to the reader what
they will see at any specified zoom. The reader will decide what is
`good enough' for their viewing pleasure.

You build the file according to whatever standards you consider
appropriate. You can't really do any more than that.

Cheers
Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield