Cannot select and delete imported image file

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Mar 23 12:22:40 PDT 2011

On 23/03/2011 9:20 AM, Timothy DeWees wrote:
> I am working with a document where a former employee attempted to import
> some image file (jpg) into anchored frames that I had set up in the
> template document. This person was a novice with framemaker. The images
> obviously were not correctly imported into the anchored frames, because
> they will move out of the anchored frame if text is added/deleted, etc.
> I thought, no problem, I will just delete the images and import them
> correctly into the anchored frame. The problem is that I cannot select
> the images in order to delete them. They were obviously imported by
> reference, since if I remove the image source files, frame will give me
> a dialogue saying that the files are missing and a gray box appears. But
> I simply cannot find a way to select the images in order to delete them
> and re-import them correctly. Any suggestions? The person who originally
> imported these is not available, so I cannot ask him how he did the
> import. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Timothy,

The image may be behind the text frame.  Try clicking outside the text
frame so that nothing is selected, and then repeat the Esc o n command
(= select (o)bject (n)ext) a few times.  If it works, you'll see sizing
handles on the image when it is selected.  Then press Delete.

Alternatively you could select the text frame (Ctrl + click the border)
and cut it to the clipboard, then select and delete the image before
re-pasting the text frame.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers