Extracting art from Word docs

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:31:00 PDT 2011

Note that there's no particular reason why you need to make a copy of the file and change the extension. If you launch WinZip and choose Open, the dialog you see will display all file types (including .docx, .docm, and .dotx) by default. In other words, you can open the Word file directly from WinZip and then extract any of the content contained within the normally hidden folder structure. Extracting the graphics from the Word file does not change the contents of the Word file in any way. You'd have to explicitly delete (or add) files using the WinZip UI to change the file from Word's perspective; "extract files" is a completely non-destructive operation.

-Fred Ridder