F8 & F9 to show catalog formats

McLean, Malcolm Malcolm.McLean at compuware.com
Mon Mar 28 12:50:53 PDT 2011

Prompted by Steve Johnson (thx) - I should have noted:

FM9
Win XP
3G of memory

The dropdown is on the Status Bar - where the popup used to appear.

When I press F8 / F9 I see a dropdown in which I can type the first few
letters of the format I want to apply.

However, I used to see a popup list of catalog formats, and I cannot
figure out what I have done to make the UI change from the popup to the
dropdown. I've tried many combinations of settings in the View Menu and
the Preferences/Interface with no avail.

What do I need to do to see the popup again?