TCS3 FrameMaker variables wrong size in RoboHelp

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Sun May 1 13:33:26 PDT 2011

When I import my 86-chapter FrameMaker book into RoboHelp, most of my
variables come thru fine, but...

The most important variable of all - that for the product name - comes
in sometimes in a small size, and in one topic (at least) it comes in
larger, bold, and italic!

All the misbehaving variables are the same: O-Product = <default
font>OneSign

But they come in three ways (at least) - the true default font for the
paragraph, the smaller 9pt size unbold, and the big blue italic version.

I cannot state definitively for all 2319 places the variable is used,
but in those I have checked there are no Character format overrides or
other non-standard treatments.

Most or all of the problems I have seen have been in headings, but I
cannot be sure that is 100% the case.

Has anybody seen this?

The only solution I can think of is to convert the variable to text
throughout the book and then regenerate, but there must be a better way?

John Sgammato

Princ. Tech. writer

Imprivata, Inc.