Key Repeat rate?

Alex Escott AE at malaspina-labs.com
Mon May 2 09:13:07 PDT 2011

Thanks for the input all. Sounds like I'm seeing the same things as others.  I'm on FM9 and don't have the character or para designer open, but I do have structure, cross-ref, attributes, etc. open (and they need to be...). Sure enough, 2 of my 4 CPUs are pinned as I backspace through an element's text. Sigh. It routinely misses some keystrokes and I end up deleting a lot more that I want to since the key repeats get backed up for up to 3 or 4 seconds.

I haven't used anything other than frame to author DITA content. Is there another program that provides a semi-WYSIWYG interface for creating DITA content, that's more responsive?