Converting Word doc to Frame.

Yorke, Carl C.Yorke at activevideo.com
Tue May 10 15:20:58 PDT 2011

I know I've seen this on the board before, but I can't find it.

I'm using Frame 9 on XP.

I'm moving some big docs from Word to Frame. I did all the preparation from word2frame.pdf, but that doc never says how to actually import the Word doc into the file with the Frame template I've prepared.

When I do bring the Word file over, everything marked Normal stays Normal. When I do a global update from Normal to Body, all the 'Normal' text becomes '*Body', but the font does not change to what I have for Body.  Then I have to go through one paragraph at a time and assign Default Font. So what's the point of Global Update?

Help?
Thanks,

Carl Yorke
Documentation Manager