FM 10 and Win 7 -- any "gotchas"/problems?

M Clark melissa.s.clark at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:27:30 PDT 2011

Hi,
IT recently upgraded my FM version to FM 10 and now it seems I'm
running into a resource issue (either processor speed or RAM--they
think). As part of the solution, they're advocating that I change my
computer from Win XP to Win 7.

I know there’s been some discussion in the past about Win 7 not
“playing nice” with FrameMaker.  Is this still the case and if so, can
someone please describe what’s the issue?  I just want to be aware of
any “gotchas” prior to them changing over my machine.  I'd appreciate
any insight anyone has into this issue. (Note that I'm also running FM
7.2 and 9 on the same machine that has FM 10.)

Thanks,
Melissa