Converting Word doc to Frame.

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu May 12 00:53:33 PDT 2011

At 10:25 -0500 11/5/11, Pinkham, Jim wrote:

> BTW, Jack Lyon, over on the Editorium, has a Delete Unused Styles macro that's very helpful for getting rid of the detritus in a Word doc or template so that the Word doc you're importing into Frame with your File-Import command only has the limited set of styles that you want and need.

SiliconPrairie's Paragraph Tools and Character Tools plug-ins have the respective 'Delete unused styles' commands too. Ok, you have to buy these, but they're not costly, and have a load of other useful commands as well.

It's somehow really satisfying to see the para style palette shrink before your eyes ;-) I've had a document (which had clearly 'been around a bit') go from over 100 para styles to about six before now.

Their Table Tools plug-in does the same thing for unused table styles.

--
Steve