FM8 crashing like it's WORD

Austin Meredith kouroo at kouroo.info
Sat May 14 10:40:00 PDT 2011

> FM 8 on PC, Windows Vista, 32 bit system, 2.38 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM.
> And Frame is crashing WAY too often.

I'm running FM9 on PC, Windows7 Ultimate, 64-bit, 3,33GHz CPU, 24GB RAM, and the
FM crashes have over a period of many months been training me to stay away from
a few things. For instance, I find that I very seldom apply a character format
or a paragraph format in the usual menu manner, anymore, because that produces
so many annoying instant crashes and restarts. What I find myself doing --due I
suppose to my being trained subliminally by the software-- is that I avoid the
menus and apply character formats and paragraph formats instead by *copying and
pasting*. Going to an existing character or paragraph format example, and
copying and pasting that format in the new location, simply does not ever
produce any of these annoying instant crashes and restarts! I mean, it is a pain
in the ass to do this and I do still get these annoying instant crashes -- but
my sense of it is that this is not happening nearly so often.