FM8 crashing like it's Word

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sun May 15 08:45:36 PDT 2011

Because an "embedded" Visio uses Microsoft's OLE linking to embed the
visio file and Microsoft broke the OLE code to Frame when it
introduced XP SP3 -- OLE in FM and a number of other applications was
disabled by the security fix -- you can find numerous posts in the
archives about this if you look. The remedy was to save the Visio
files as a supported graphic format and import those by reference.

FM redid the OLE linking in FM 9, and, I believe a second time in FM 10.

So if you want to embed Visios as objects, you should upgrade....
although most people don't really trust/use OLE because it's always
been flakey and not fully supported by Microsoft.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.