FrameMaker 10 on Win XP32 crashing regularly --anyone else have this peoblem?

Thu May 19 07:13:08 PDT 2011

Grant Hogarth wrote:

> I get irregular, but multiple crashes in a day, which is getting very
> annoying.
<snip>
> I have been trying to use the "Track edits" feature (no, not the "show
> changebars", although I have that on as well), and this appears to be
> the culprit.
> The other possibility is RAM (only 1GB).

1 GB is barely adequate for running your OS and checking email. TigerDirect.com is selling 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) of DDR3 RAM for under $50. Is it worth $50 or so to you or your company to make you significantly more productive?

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom