FM 10 and font treatment

Brabson, Michelle Michelle.Brabson at sungardhe.com
Mon May 23 13:17:26 PDT 2011

Hi--

My computer has Arial Black (True Type) in the Windows Font directory. When I open documents containing Arial Black I get the following message in the FrameMaker Console: "The Arial Black font is not available. Arial Black Heavy will be used in this session." I do not have Arial Black Heavy anywhere that I can see. Is there any reason why FrameMaker wants to substitute Arial Black Heavy when it is not on my computer? If I open the PDF, I see only Arial Black in the list of fonts.

FrameMaker 10, Acrobat 10 (TCS)
Windows XP SP3

Michelle

Michelle Brabson * Technical Production Manager * SunGard Higher Education * 4 Country View Road, Malvern, PA 19355 * Tel 610-578-6123 * Fax 610-578-5400 * mbrabson at sungardhe.com * www.sungardhe.com

Confidentiality:  This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you.

Helping 1,800 higher education organizations in 40 countries worldwide find better ways to teach, learn, manage, and connect.