Index Troubles: No Openable Nongenerated Files?

Thu May 26 19:00:58 PDT 2011

Karen Robbins wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Yay! Opening all the files at once worked. You hit it on the head,
> something is causing FrameMaker to not be able to open all the files
> in the background. Where would I start looking?

When you open a file with an error condition, FM should display a dialog box informing you of the problem. For instance, if the file contains unresolved cross-references, a dialog tells you so and directs you to the manual/help for information on locating them. If the file uses unavailable fonts, FM tells you so and asks if you want to reformat it using available fonts.

If you're not seeing any such error reporting dialogs when you open the files, I'm not sure what's going on. I know you can suppress them programmatically (e.g., via FrameScript), but I didn't think there was any way to turn them off for manual file opening via the interface.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom