Application of multiple character tags in generated documents

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Tue May 31 07:34:30 PDT 2011

Win XP SP3
Frame 8 up to date, unstructured

I apply 2 character tags to a word in a heading. Both tags are correctly
reflected in the appearance of that word. But when I produce a ToC, only the
last tag applied is reflected in the format of the corresponding word.

Obviously, I could make a "special" tag to take care of this ... and I'm not
all that fond of tag proliferation and the use of roughly one-off tags. Is
there another solution?

Thank you kindly,
Elchanan