I can PDF individual files in book, but NOT the whole book

Tue Nov 1 09:20:17 PDT 2011

Steve Rickaby wrote:

> Thanks to those who responded to my question. Clearly I have not been
> paying sufficient attention: I was dimly aware of the fact that issues
> seemed to be posted about 'Save as PDF' post-v7, but more careful
> analysis reveals that in most cases such problems were due to updates
> to Acrobat outside FrameMaker that had overwritten the 'headless'
> version of Distiller that ships with FrameMaker installations.

In FM 7.2 (and probably later), Save As PDF may use the wrong printer driver unless you make Adobe PDF your system's default printer, explicitly select it in FM's Print Setup dialog, or use the SetPrint plugin (sundorne.com) to set the default in FM to Adobe PDF. IIRC, that was a frequent source of Save As PDF problems like "my PDF is in black & white!"

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom