I can PDF individual files in book, but NOT the whole book

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 09:57:17 PDT 2011

At 12:31 -0400 1/11/11, Art Campbell wrote:

>Well, perhaps on your systems.
>
>Ain't working in 8, 9, or 10 on mine, but YMMV.

I'm on v 7 and never use 'Save as PDF'. For one thing, I need direct and absolute control over Distiller. I have no personal experience beyond v 7, but creating book .ps from FrameMaker and running it through a stand-alone Distiller has always worked for me, as a couple of dozen books in print can attest.

The reason I'm trying to accumulate knowledge here is that it's an issue that comes up on the ISTC discussion group here in the UK from time to time, from people not on FrmeUsers, as well as other FrameMaker-related issues.

I got a personal response from Bernard Gagne to the effect that 'Save as PDF' has been working 'reliably' post-v7 'if your Acrobat/FrameMaker installations were done correctly', and that Dov Isaacs had reiterated this on the group often.

I have no ax to grind here, just seeking knowledge ;-) Especially as my only viable upgrade path leads to FrameMaker 10 and Windows.

--
Steve