Change defaults for New Document in FM 9?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Nov 1 15:08:05 PDT 2011

Years ago, in FM 7,  I was able to change the default options (ruler
units, etc.) that would apply to the blank document that opens from the
File > New Document command.  I seem to remember that it involved
opening, revising, and saving a file that was located somewhere in
Application Data or fminit or the like (a file that had no extension, IIRC).

I need to do the same thing now in FM 9 (TCS 2, Win XP), but cannot
remember the file name or location.  Can anyone help me out?

thanks,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator