Hyperlink from Frame to Folder in Network

Gary Bankston gbanks6472 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:09:11 PST 2011

I thought this would be a simple thing to do but...

I currently have a Frame created pdf document that I need to link over the
network to another Frame created pdf. I am using the following to create
the link, "openlink X:\filename.pdf" and it works every time from wherever
my first frame/pdf document is located to the second frame/pdf document. My
problem comes when I try and write to a folder beyond the root of any
directory. When I write "openlink X:\foldername\filename.pdf" the second
backslash changes to some other character when I select "edit
hypertext" and when the pdf file is generated, the link is not functional.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? Any help down this path would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Gary Bankston